Eating Establishments Near Chicago Union Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't give high enough praise for Luke's Italian Beef. Fantastic sandwiches, large portions, very reasonably priced.
I'll second the Recommendation. Last Summer my wife and I had an outstanding Italian Beef Sandwich at Luke's... while waiting for Giordano's to cook the Pizza we ordered! :)

Betty;Just a trivia question but is there such a place as "Adam's Ribs" anywhere near CUS? I remember it from an episode of MASH and was wondering if it was fictional or real...or for that matter still in business?
I haven't heard of Adam's Rib, but that doesn't mean it never existed. The only place near or in CUS that I can recall was called "The Lion's Den". It was in an area on the west side of CUS that is now blocked off.
Adam's Rib was a figment of the imagination of MASH's writers. No such place ever existed.

If the Luke's by Giordano's is the same Luke's that's throughout the Chicago area, they know how to make Chicago style hot dogs.

Ask for the works: steamed hot dog and bun, slice of pickle, tomato wedges, relish, hot peppers, mustard, ahhh, my mouth is watering!

We decided to go to Giordano's. Just had to try Chicago pizza since I am originally from New York to compare the two. Still prefer New York pizza but will go to Giordano's again.

pizza detour.

The Chicago Department of Transportation is rebuilding the Jackson Blvd. viaduct and bridge. As a result, Jackson Blvd. between Canal St. and Wacker Dr. is closed to vehicles through April 2010, and limited pedestrian access is available. Please refer to the following information when traveling to or from Chicago Union Station.

Minor detour of a block on foot, nothing that would stop anyone from getting that pizza from Giordanos, didnt stop me last month.

Jack

I used to always stop at the Berghoff, but I see that it's gone. Anything simlar nearby?

Minor detour of a block on foot, nothing that would stop anyone from getting that pizza from Giordanos, didnt stop me last month.
Jack
We will be coming in on the EB. If on time, arrive CUS about 4pm, Depart on LSL at 910pm. Being the kind that would rather be an hour early than 5 minutes late, what would be the minimum amount of time needed to make it to Giordanos for a Pizza, and still get back to CUS?

Jack
We will be coming in on the EB. If on time, arrive CUS about 4pm, Depart on LSL at 910pm. Being the kind that would rather be an hour early than 5 minutes late, what would be the minimum amount of time needed to make it to Giordanos for a Pizza, and still get back to CUS?
May I suggest that yuo order your pizza by cell phone as the EB pulls into CUS - takes 30 minutes to make it but no reason they can't start before you get there ;)

Jack
May I suggest that yuo order your pizza by cell phone as the EB pulls into CUS - takes 30 minutes to make it but no reason they can't start before you get there ;)
Hey, Thanks. Great idea. I punched Giordanos phone number into my cell phone. We are going to try to go to the observation deck of the Willis/Sears tower as well, so if time permits we will do both, but if a little late we can call for the pizza, and if quite late we will call for the pizza and forget the observation deck. If really late, we will see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back