El Paso Burrito Lady

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is she gone now or just moved? Going through there on the SL next week and I've heard so much about her and her burritos.
The burrito lady was back on the platform as of a couple months ago. She was even announced on the train just like in the past. Unfortunately the burritos were thinner and less tasty than before. I got one of each type and wasn't able to finish either.
Wow, that's disappointing. Not being able to finish them sounds worse than "less tasty" !

So is she gone now or just moved? Going through there on the SL next week and I've heard so much about her and her burritos.
The burrito lady was back on the platform as of a couple months ago. She was even announced on the train just like in the past. Unfortunately the burritos were thinner and less tasty than before. I got one of each type and wasn't able to finish either.
Wow, that's disappointing. Not being able to finish them sounds worse than "less tasty" !
When I took the pic in October, everyone was raving about the burritos....many bought two.

I didn't get one because I cannot eat them.

The thinner and less tasty ones were probably a result of an "off day".

When I took the pic in October, everyone was raving about the burritos....many bought two.

I didn't get one because I cannot eat them.

The thinner and less tasty ones were probably a result of an "off day".
Thanks! I'll give it a shot and report back...

When I took the pic in October, everyone was raving about the burritos....many bought two. I didn't get one because I cannot eat them. The thinner and less tasty ones were probably a result of an "off day".
Thanks! I'll give it a shot and report back...
On the day I was boarding there was a snowstorm and it was pretty cold and wet so maybe that had an impact. It's also possible that she simply ran out of an ingredient or two. The burritos didn't taste bad but they were really bland and flavorless, which is the opposite of what I remembered and almost unheard of for Mexican food in the El Paso area.

Can someone describe how to post a picture. I tried the image button above, copied the BB code from Flickr of a photo and all I got was a funny looking symbol.
The easiest way is to simply copy the web address at Flicker (not the BB code). Then, when posting here (using the WYSIWYG mode), click the image button (looks like a picture frame). A pop-up will open, Paste in the photo web address. Click OK. That should do the trick.
The real question is why you can't upload the image from your computer, as with just about every site I know?

While I'm at it, is there any setting that brings back the markup tags? I makes no sense to quote a whole string of posts when you want to comment about a single sentence. But getting rid of the excess is extremely difficult.

Can someone describe how to post a picture. I tried the image button above, copied the BB code from Flickr of a photo and all I got was a funny looking symbol.
The easiest way is to simply copy the web address at Flicker (not the BB code). Then, when posting here (using the WYSIWYG mode), click the image button (looks like a picture frame). A pop-up will open, Paste in the photo web address. Click OK. That should do the trick.
The real question is why you can't upload the image from your computer, as with just about every site I know?

While I'm at it, is there any setting that brings back the markup tags? I makes no sense to quote a whole string of posts when you want to comment about a single sentence. But getting rid of the excess is extremely difficult.
1) Use the More Reply Options button to upload a picture from your computer

2) Use the light switch at the top left of the reply box to switch the editor so you can see the tags.

You can directly upload an image now. My reply was from two years ago. The site software was not configured to permit it back then.

. . .

I just hold my finger down on the delete key and the cursor roars backwards, erasing words, sentences, paragraphs, quote boxes . . . until only the parts I want remain.

Maybe I'm not understanding your query. It wouldn't be my first time to get confused. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder why they won’t let her on the platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum
Because she could have a bomb in one of those burritos.....sarcasm intended....
Or because lawyers have made Amtrak and others fearful of being sued because "they know or should have known" that one burrito she served might have been the cause of someone getting sick and therefore the lawyer can sue the deep pockets as well as the burrito lady who is not likely to have the millions in insurance to justify the suit. A lot more likely than the bomb issue as there is no security from anyone who walks on to the platform in El Paso (at least at the last time I was there two years ago).

Because she could have a bomb in one of those burritos.....sarcasm intended....
If there too many beans in the burritos, it could be worse than a bomb!
default_mosking.gif

Paint a yellow rectangle on the ground near one side of an entry to the platform, put up a sign that says "Free Enterprise Zone: Amtrak not responsible for the quality or lack thereof of anything purchased in this area!" then let the Burrito Lady and any other vendors that care to sell there to try to do so.

Amtrak trains should be viewed as a market for local vendors. Time a local farmers market so that it is operating while the Amtrak trains arrive, have the diner sell dishes that complement the most popular items at each particular stop. So the dining car at the El Paso stop would have beans and rice, or guacamole and sour cream, that you can carry to your seat. How much do you want to bet that it would grow the amount of food sold by Amtrak rather than reduce it? And that people would talk about the cool stop that Amtrak has where they got hand made burritos and the dining car had beans and rice?

Yeah, it won't happen, but it would be cool if we weren't so litigious.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum
If she's on the platform, that means (legally) that Amtrak is responsible for what she sells. If someone gets sick, deep pockets Amtrak gets sued, not the little old burrito lady.

It would be cool if the world wasn't so litigious. It would be cool if the world wasn't so worthy of litigation. And it would be cool if a tenth the food in the world tasted as good as that woman's lukewarm burritos.

When I traveled on #1 this past June 2017 the burrito lady was right at the door entering the station. I purchased a burrito and survived. One of the Amtrak persons from the station asked me "not to photograph" the burrito lady so apparently they do not want it advertised. I cooperated so no photo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back