Holiday greetings...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what's going on lately. This link dosen't work for me and I have no idea what it is.
Are you trying to open it on an iPhone, iPod, etc, or on a computer (desktop or laptop)? I couldn't open it on my iPod yesterday. But not problems on my computer.

Thanks for this beautiful card and it's sentiments. It lifted my spirits, at a time when we are dealing with hurricane storm surges of 15 feet, massacreing innocent little kids at their school, and the never ending soap opera of budget this and budget that. You'd think that after all these years we'd have the money thing down to a science. Sorry for being a downer, but the news of this week and of the last couple months really sucks, and the trains and words in your video brought a tiny smile to my face.

My wish is that all of us can smile again, many more times.

Thanks for this beautiful card and it's sentiments. It lifted my spirits, at a time when we are dealing with hurricane storm surges of 15 feet, massacreing innocent little kids at their school, and the never ending soap opera of budget this and budget that. You'd think that after all these years we'd have the money thing down to a science. Sorry for being a downer, but the news of this week and of the last couple months really sucks, and the trains and words in your video brought a tiny smile to my face.

My wish is that all of us can smile again, many more times.
As an exestentialist I hope you at least were spared the experience needed for human compasion to experience those tragedy as they occured. In fact, the news of the week is what you make of it. Yes, 20+ families had negative life experiences, but by and large the earth had its normal share of positive and negative news. whether we smile, or cry, is irrelevant to the existentialsit-it's the human experience that matters.

Jim G.

Thank You, Hope your and all of the AU'ers have joyious holidays.

I have not been posting too much lately as I'm done to a hobbeled together Windoze 95 machine.

In fact, the news of the week is what you make of it.
I hear that said often, one way or the other, but I too am and existentialist, and much of what each of us receives in life is an intended spillover from the pen of someone else's autobiography. Best example? Trains! It takes millions of people to build, work, operate, and maintain trains, tracks, tunnels, signals, and all that work benefits not only passengers but non riders, with things like less pollution and more time together with family and friends on board. The elementary school attack, like 9/11 and other grand assaults, hurts us all. Folks like you and me need to use our powers of higher understanding to posture the right arguments to the right leaders. Unfortunately, others who have preceded us in that endeavor, from Lincoln to Mother Theresa to King (Martin Luther Jr.) to Christ, have been cruelly targeted as weird, too off center, too out of line, troublemakers, not with the crowd, .... and on and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back