Interview with an Amtrak Conductor

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fascinating article! I said "wow" to myself a couple of times: that John Travolta was a passenger (even stars actually ride trains, contrary to perceived social norms), the folks from Make A Wish and Duck Dynasty teamed up to make a kid's dream come true, some older passengers were never on an Amtrak train before, and finally the loudest came that there is desire and interest in using the severed portion from New Orleans to Florida. Let's hope that family who has to drive because they can't take a train there (while avoiding the thousand miles bow tail, and transfer, at Washington) and many other people like them inscribes their inconvenience on paper addressed to the leadership.

The story also said that there are no stops in New Mexico after leaving Benson,AZ until ElPaso! Lordsburg and Deming are Flag stops and most times I've ridden the Sunset stopped at one or both to board or detrain Passengers! Nice story and Video, we need more of these!

And yes Senator McCain, Amtrak serves Arizona!

The lady with the little dog was interesting - was she able to board the train with it (in the video)

This would be a good tactic to take in each of our states. Find a good travel writer from the local newspaper or TV station and arrange for them to ride within your state. I did this years ago with a reporter from the Atlanta Journal Constitution who eventually did not ride, but met me at the ATL station, interviewed several passengers, took a tour of the train and observed the arrival and departure of the Crescent. Her article was very positive and she did an accurate job of describing the features of the train and the cities served. If we want to promote our local trains, I think this is a good way to begin.

I agree! Many people are not aware that 1) Amtrak even exists, 2) Amtrak serves their state and 3) Amtrak serves their city.
On occasion I serve as a docent a the local rail museum less than 25 miles from the MRC Amtrak station. I'm surprised at the number of guests who bring up these questions and comments about Amtrak instead of the vintage coach they are standing in.

rusty spike - Which railroad museum is this and where? I am not acquainted with it, although I am full of information about Amtrak for anyone who cares to listen. Sometimes while doing my trail guiding at Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument, I give advice on Amtrak - even the Alaska Ferry! It would not be unlikely for me to show up at your museum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back