Nashville to Williams

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Internal flights is an option we don't want to take, my future wife has a inherited condition of narrow ear cannels and back to back flights can cause ear infections- one flight causes herdiscomfort but 2 in a week can cause agony and infections thus why we are limited to land transport to and from Nashville as I don't believe there's a direct flight from the UK

Just to hopefully clarify matters, the shuttle to Williams from the train is intended to get train passengers into town. It is certainly not necessary to stay at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel, although it is very convenient, or arrange a package to Grand Canyon. By the way, to my knowledge there are no rental cars in Williams - those are in Flagstaff. To take the Grand Canyon Railway train and traveling from the east, an overnight stay is required in Williams. If one is going to California from Grand Canyon, the hours are doable, with a several hour layover.

Just to hopefully clarify matters, the shuttle to Williams from the train is intended to get train passengers into town. It is certainly not necessary to stay at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel, although it is very convenient, or arrange a package to Grand Canyon. By the way, to my knowledge there are no rental cars in Williams - those are in Flagstaff. To take the Grand Canyon Railway train and traveling from the east, an overnight stay is required in Williams. If one is going to California from Grand Canyon, the hours are doable, with a several hour layover.
The GCRY shuttle is very convenient. I don't know if reservations are required as it is pretty much the only way from WMJ to WMA. Several years ago it worked out very well for my wife and I traveling from LA to the Canyon. We made reservations for the shuttle through Amtrak. Listed in the schedule: From train #3, they are Thruway Numbers 6903 and 6803; from #4 6904 and 6804. From that experience, I do know the GCRY Hotel is in telephone communication with Amtrak to remain updated on arrival times and probably knows how many passengers to expect.

The one thing I'd add is that if the OP is looking to contact Amtrak by phone is to use Google Voice. I use it to call clients in Europe and Asia on a fairly regular basis and the cost is most reasonable. IIRC using Google Voice to call the US from the UK is 1.2p per minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back