New member from St. Louis...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misty.

OBS Chief
And yet somehow in my currently limited Amtrak experience, I haven't taken a train from St. Louis yet. So far, Union Station in Chicago is my base of operations, as I've taken a Wolverine to Ann Arbor and an Illini from Champaign. Thankfully that's going to change on May 10th, since I'm going to take one of the early morning Texas Eagles (and as a bonus, meet up with a friend that I've been trying to see for about a year or so now).

While I've only been an Amtrak rider since last October 29th, I've been a casual railfan for probably the last twenty or so years of my life. For some reason I didn't start acting on things until May of 2009, when I first stepped onto a Chicago Transit Authority "L" train, but if I could I'd take time to cover every mile of Amtrak I could. :D

I found this board through some random Googling I was doing earlier tonight and decided it'd be well worth joining. ^^

And yet somehow in my currently limited Amtrak experience, I haven't taken a train from St. Louis yet. So far, Union Station in Chicago is my base of operations, as I've taken a Wolverine to Ann Arbor and an Illini from Champaign. Thankfully that's going to change on May 10th, since I'm going to take one of the early morning Texas Eagles (and as a bonus, meet up with a friend that I've been trying to see for about a year or so now).
While I've only been an Amtrak rider since last October 29th, I've been a casual railfan for probably the last twenty or so years of my life. For some reason I didn't start acting on things until May of 2009, when I first stepped onto a Chicago Transit Authority "L" train, but if I could I'd take time to cover every mile of Amtrak I could. :D

I found this board through some random Googling I was doing earlier tonight and decided it'd be well worth joining. ^^
Welcome! I too only joined recently, and actually attended the annual "The Gathering" that was held in Beantown last November. We were fortunate enuff to get a Sunday tour of Amtrak's HSR facility. Like lots of groups, this is one is made up of "all kinds". Young old, conservative, liberal, foamers, and other foamers, but some foamers are more public than others. Overall, a good bunch of people.

The KNOWLEDGE is what "wows me". Any old question, ESPECIALLY about earning Amtrak Guest Rewards (AGR) points is substantial, as is the knowledge of pricing.

Welcome, don't be a stranger, and just like the Republicans say "vote early, and vote often". (well "post" often at least..........)

Welcome! I too only joined recently, and actually attended the annual "The Gathering" that was held in Beantown last November. We were fortunate enuff to get a Sunday tour of Amtrak's HSR facility. Like lots of groups, this is one is made up of "all kinds". Young old, conservative, liberal, foamers, and other foamers, but some foamers are more public than others. Overall, a good bunch of people.

The KNOWLEDGE is what "wows me". Any old question, ESPECIALLY about earning Amtrak Guest Rewards (AGR) points is substantial, as is the knowledge of pricing.

Welcome, don't be a stranger, and just like the Republicans say "vote early, and vote often". (well "post" often at least..........)
Aloha and Welcome, And rrdude description of us is mostly right the rest are worse. :rolleyes: :lol: :eek:

Eric

Welcome Mistyolr! I use STL in the summer while I'm in MO., not the greatest station but one of the most secure. Nice trip up to Chicago and of course the TE stops also. This coming summer I'm planning to head out to KCY for some BBQ and a couple of weekend trips to CHI. This board will help you to plan your trips better and save a little money along the way. You'll want to be on a train all the time! Enjoy all your Amtrak adventures.

Back