Non-AGR passenger sharing accommodation?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be ultra clear on this, you can book any award for anybody. You don't even need to be traveling on an award itinerary.

Question around this topic - what if part of my trip is in coach? Because I bought the roomette award it will still give me business class for 2 people and then the rest in the room?

Question around this topic - what if part of my trip is in coach? Because I bought the roomette award it will still give me business class for 2 people and then the rest in the room?
This needs clarification! Are you saying you Paid for a Coach ticket and then got an AGR Award on a Sleeper that covers Rail Fare, Room and Meals for 2??

If your Coach ticket is a Separate Rez then each of you would have to pay the Rail Fare and if wanting to Upgrade to Biz Class pay the Upgrade. Charges!

If its all an AGR Award you both are entitled to Biz Class Upgrade on the Train without Sleepers.

What I am planning to do is get a sleeper award from Lancaster to San Francisco for 2 people. So as I understand it, as long as two people are on that award, no need to pay anything at all on the entire route.

Ok. I have one more question about this trip (sorry for hijacking the topic!) - could I do a trip that is not published on Amtrak.com with the points? So instead of doing Pennsy to PGH and connecting there, could I do Keystone do PHL, then NER to WAS and take the CL right there? Or would that be something I can't do since it's not listed as an option on Amtrak.com?

Ok. I have one more question about this trip (sorry for hijacking the topic!) - could I do a trip that is not published on Amtrak.com with the points? So instead of doing Pennsy to PGH and connecting there, could I do Keystone do PHL, then NER to WAS and take the CL right there? Or would that be something I can't do since it's not listed as an option on Amtrak.com?
If you can afford it, pay cash for the Keystone to PHL then book your reward from PHL to <destination>. AGR can book both for you.

Back