NTD (Revised poll - due to new information)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where will you spend NTD (Revised poll)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno... Wasn't planning on taking the excursion at all this year, mainly because I took it last year when it was free. I hear there is some equipment on display that I want to see again, and if I can, I want to see how long I can get away with staying there before getting told to go away. The only reason I'm really inclined to tour the equipment at all is because I plan on enabling the AGR MC option and getting in quickly. Before my points run happens, was mainly going to wander as my attention span demands, heh
well Im coming in on 351 due in into chi at 11:20am if anyone wants to meet up. I'm thinking of touring the displays if possible since I do not have the agr mastercard thing.
Kevin & other AU'ers in Chicago,

I have had a change of time in my meeting and will be able to attend NTD festivities

in Chicago until 2:00pm. If there is a planned meeting place, please post. I plan

to meet Kevin in front of the Metro Lounge doors at 11:30am. I hope others will join.

I'll be at PHL on NTD - sort of. I'm doing a Keystone route ping-pong trip for a last gasp at 3X points. I'll leave PHL at 10:55 (just before NTD opens), and after visiting Parkesburg, Paoli and Lancaster, I'll roll back into PHL at 3:55 (on Keystone #670 that some of you will be on from Paoli). If I see any of you hanging out at the Angel statue before I head west to beautiful PAR, I'll stop over and say Hi. If I see you on #670, I'll do the same. I'm easy to spot. Look for a short, older guy with a bad attitude. That's me.
I am a short older woman with an attitude :lol: - probably wearing a black "I Love Trains" t-shirt.

I'll be at PHL on NTD - sort of. I'm doing a Keystone route ping-pong trip for a last gasp at 3X points. I'll leave PHL at 10:55 (just before NTD opens), and after visiting Parkesburg, Paoli and Lancaster, I'll roll back into PHL at 3:55 (on Keystone #670 that some of you will be on from Paoli). If I see any of you hanging out at the Angel statue before I head west to beautiful PAR, I'll stop over and say Hi. If I see you on #670, I'll do the same. I'm easy to spot. Look for a short, older guy with a bad attitude. That's me.
I am a short older woman with an attitude :lol: - probably wearing a black "I Love Trains" t-shirt.
Penny, you are short but not old!!

I am a short older haired woman. I'm planning to wear my blue 40th Anniversary t-shirt...I'm sure there'll be lots of those shirts being worn tomorrow.

No PRR Cap?

No PRR Cap?
Nah. No railroad caps at all.

I rationalized my cap collection about a year ago. However, I still have favorites from a couple of steel fabricators, a high-voltage switch manufacturer, and even a Montana oil well service company (courtesy of my daughter's SO). I also have several caps from my former employer who thought that a free hat or tee-shirt would make you feel good about working 16 hour days for a week or two at no extra pay. Of course, I still have about a half dozen Phillies caps of various styles, but they way those bums are playing right now, I'm keeping them in the closet.

On Saturday, I'll be sans cap.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, so I finally got around to making my plans and reservations:

We'll be heading up on 164, arriving just after 11.

We're going to skip the points run so that we can get home in a timely manner, and leave at 2:45 on 99 back to BWI.

I'll look for you all at the statue as soon as we come off the train. I've met a handful of you all, so I should be able to find the group without too much trouble.

Looking forward to meeting those of you that I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet.

Decided at the last minute to go to the NTD festivities at Tampa Union Station tomorrow. Going down and back on the Silver Star, Deland-Tampa. Anyone from AU going to be there?

I dunno... Wasn't planning on taking the excursion at all this year, mainly because I took it last year when it was free. I hear there is some equipment on display that I want to see again, and if I can, I want to see how long I can get away with staying there before getting told to go away. The only reason I'm really inclined to tour the equipment at all is because I plan on enabling the AGR MC option and getting in quickly. Before my points run happens, was mainly going to wander as my attention span demands, heh
well Im coming in on 351 due in into chi at 11:20am if anyone wants to meet up. I'm thinking of touring the displays if possible since I do not have the agr mastercard thing.
Kevin & other AU'ers in Chicago,

I have had a change of time in my meeting and will be able to attend NTD festivities

in Chicago until 2:00pm. If there is a planned meeting place, please post. I plan

to meet Kevin in front of the Metro Lounge doors at 11:30am. I hope others will join.

If the 11:30 meet up outside of the Metro lounge is still on I'll be there with my wife!

I kind of figured that once I posted this that my plans would change. I will not be at NTD today. Hope everyone has (or had) a great time.

I see that there is a Chase AGR Mastercard Hospitality Lounge in Philly.
Saw it. It's a small roped-off area between the ticket counters and the hallway to the restrooms. Has couches and ?bottle water? I was by the early do it may have more stuff. Looked like a table was set up to sign people up for the card.

PHL - the general line for the train tour started forming before 10:00. I can't see how long it is rIght now becaus a line for a train is blocking my view.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back