NTD (Revised poll - due to new information)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where will you spend NTD (Revised poll)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_traveler

Engineer
I have deleted the previous poll, and started this new thread. I have deleted WAS (because there won't be any activities there) and added NYG ( with the 40th anniversary train - per press release)!

Chicago voting rules apply!
laugh.gif

You may vote again - or revise your vote!
cool.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we get a rundown of what is expected to be available at each location, at least to the best of our understanding? I checked www.nationaltrainday.com but it was mighty sparse without much information to base a decision on. Also, if there is a site that the NEC folks are looking to informally sanction that might be some good information to have as well.

I'm still on for PHL.

Here is a link to the NTD website's media page:

Here

Towards the lower right part of the page are links to news releases about the 'big four' cities NTD events.

I will be in PHL that day for a wedding and I'm a bridesmaid. I am hoping to be able to meet up with some of you but I am just not sure yet what the wedding schedule is for the day.

I will be in PHL that day for a wedding and I'm a bridesmaid. I am hoping to be able to meet up with some of you but I am just not sure yet what the wedding schedule is for the day.
Hope you can be there. And don't worry about the bridesmaid dress, I'm sure some of us will will look odd enough in our street clothes that no one will even notice. :giggle:

I'm probably going to have to do PHL. As much as I'd like to do NYG, the problem there is "turn time"...I'd have about three hours at NTD if I was lucky (and that's assuming I do Meteor up/Meteor back, which can be a very long day).

I hope you will have time to come by the station. I am looking forward to meeting you.

I'm probably going to have to do PHL. As much as I'd like to do NYG, the problem there is "turn time"...I'd have about three hours at NTD if I was lucky (and that's assuming I do Meteor up/Meteor back, which can be a very long day).
Ditto for me. I, too, am taking the Meteor both ways (but a longer distance). I am looking forward to meeting you - maybe at breakfast.

Ditto for me. I, too, am taking the Meteor both ways (but a longer distance). I am looking forward to meeting you - maybe at breakfast.
Just look for the goofy looking woman wearing 6 layers of clothes - and gloves if it's under 60º!
laugh.gif

Two years ago, the line for the NTD events in KA was 4 hours long. We waited for a while but the impatience of my autistic cousin made me miss out. I woul like to try to go again this year, so I voted LAX. I didn't think I would go, but I read a press release about it off of the link posted previously and it looks cool enough. Everybody meeting in PHL, I wish I were there!!!

Just look for the goofy looking woman wearing 6 layers of clothes - and gloves if it's under 60º!
laugh.gif
Don't forget the snow boots and probably walking the Wrong Way to the Diner!!

I might show up in PHL later in the day if I manage to get out of GCT early enough to make it worthwhile to trek down to PHL. I intend to be in GCT very early to be in front of the line for the equipment display, and that will be my primary focus for the morning.

Well I just found out that we are doing hair and makeup at 12:00 pm, so that should give me some time to head over in the morning! The wedding is at 4 pm but we are doing pictures at 2 pm. I really do hope to make it over there to see some of you since I might not be able to come to the gathering in PHL this year (although I am going to try).

Edited to Add: It looks like the festivities start at 11 am, so I will probably try to sign up for tickets/tours at that time and then maybe get there a little earlier in case I have to wait in line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim Hudson seems to be following you around a lot
I'm being stalked by an old geezer? :eek:
I resemble that Remark! And I'm not OLD, I'm like that guy in "The Picture of Dorian Gray",all that Train Riding has made me Age rapidly! :lol: Seriously,I look forward to seeing all my Yankee,Sawk Nation, Southern, and East Coast Friends, both Met and Unmet, in PHL for NTD!! :cool:

Well I just found out that we are doing hair and makeup at 12:00 pm, so that should give me some time to head over in the morning! The wedding is at 4 pm but we are doing pictures at 2 pm. I really do hope to make it over there to see some of you since I might not be able to come to the gathering in PHL this year (although I am going to try).

Edited to Add: It looks like the festivities start at 11 am, so I will probably try to sign up for tickets/tours at that time and then maybe get there a little earlier in case I have to wait in line.
Convince the bride & groom to stand for their pictures in the main hall at 30th St. Station. :giggle: Actually, I'm about half-serious. When I've been at various events in the Great Hall at Chicago Union Station, I've seen multiple wedding parties -- like three or four in as many hours -- show up to take their pictures on the "Untouchables" staircase. There's even two staircases to accomodate them. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back