Offended by Dining Car Service Person

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for laughs

but what is some of the silly posts are serious??

Could I get a pat of butter a little sweetener on my popcorn? Thanks for some of the perspectives. It will be interesting to see if we get the same dining car server on the next Cap Ltd trip in July.

Could I get a pat of butter a little sweetener on my popcorn? Thanks for some of the perspectives. It will be interesting to see if we get the same dining car server on the next Cap Ltd trip in July.
If you do, be sure to sprinkle some sugar on YOUR pat of butter before you put it in your mouth. :)

These are two things that are wrong with America.

1. People get offended of the most ignorant menial things.

2. Everybody wants to tell other how to raise best their children.

Neither, by the way, is guaranteed by the Constitution.

My advice:

BUTT OUT
I guess your understanding of the Constitution is vastly different from mine then.
Care to show me in the Constitution where it protects someone from being "Offended"

Also where it permits someone else to tell you how to raise your kids.

I didn't think so

CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW RESPECTING AN ESTABLISHMENT OF RELIGION, OR PROHIBITING THE FREE EXERCISE THEREOF; OR ABRIDGING THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH, OR OF THE PRESS; OR THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE PEACEABLY TO ASSEMBLE, AND TO PETITION THE GOVERNMENT FOR A REDRESS OF GRIEVANCES.
Uh......i don't think so.

CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW RESPECTING AN ESTABLISHMENT OF RELIGION, OR PROHIBITING THE FREE EXERCISE THEREOF; OR ABRIDGING THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH, OR OF THE PRESS; OR THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE PEACEABLY TO ASSEMBLE, AND TO PETITION THE GOVERNMENT FOR A REDRESS OF GRIEVANCES.
Uh......i don't think so.
Dang, that looks exactly like what I said.

On a more fundamental level, the Constitution doesn't enumerate things you're allowed to do, it prevents restrictions on our liberty.

Hey all my friends, take a chill pill or maybe a hit of um, ah, booze :hi:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone point me towards the Car attendants kudos page and the dining car attendants kudos page if we have them here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back