Room for 24 inch carry-on and large person?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 7 year old will be with me, so he doesn't need the head space. But the picture helps immensely. I figure I need the 24 in carry on for all of the carry on crap a mother usually has -- including the laptop and extra travel pillows for my lower back, etc.
From what I understand, they usually have plenty of pillows available onboard.....

I’m 6’3 and about 330 lbs. (An Olympic style weight lifter as a younger man and still active I move good for my size) I had no real problem with the superliner roomette with me and the wife on the SWC. Over all I fund it rather comfortable. I hopped up in the top bunk and took a nap. At night I used the lower. It is nice that there is enough head room one can take a nap and still use the seats. As for baggage space there is none. If the Mrs. has a big purse that is about it. Make use of the baggage hold on the lower level. I may be rehashing what has all ready been said but I want to add my part.

I’m 6’3 and about 330 lbs. (An Olympic style weight lifter as a younger man and still active I move good for my size) I had no real problem with the superliner roomette with me and the wife on the SWC. Over all I fund it rather comfortable. I hopped up in the top bunk and took a nap. At night I used the lower. It is nice that there is enough head room one can take a nap and still use the seats. As for baggage space there is none. If the Mrs. has a big purse that is about it. Make use of the baggage hold on the lower level. I may be rehashing what has all ready been said but I want to add my part.
That answers a question I had: Can two people still comfortably sit in the chairs if the top bunk is down. You were in a Superliner.

What about in the Viewliner? Can two people comfortably sit in the chairs if the top bunk is down????

That answers a question I had: Can two people still comfortably sit in the chairs if the top bunk is down. You were in a Superliner.

What about in the Viewliner? Can two people comfortably sit in the chairs if the top bunk is down????
The viewliner you easily can put the top bunk down and sit in the chairs. The superliner is a little more cramped.

Just remember not to stand up fully if you're the person sitting below the lowered bunk, or you're going to have one heck of a headache and a lump to boot. :eek:

But otherwise there is plenty of room to sit in either a Viewliner or Superliner with the top bunk down. The top bunk actually rests on top of the chair frame, but you'd probably have to be 7 feet tall before that's a problem.

I'm 6 foot, 280 lbs and I am comfortable enough in a roomette. I carry a bag that is 24x14x10 and I just throw it up on the upper bunk and it will latch in the halfway up/down position providing plenty of headroom. If the bag was just a little bit thinner then the bunk can even close all the way in the up position.

I've also found that on the Superliners without the in-room closet, you can store your suitcase upright where the closet used to be and run the securing strap through the handle to keep the suitcase secure. It also does not compromise seating room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back