Roomette

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greg1956a

Train Attendant
Had to change plans leaving Nov 2 now.my roomette # is 12 on SWC is that ok room or can I call and see if another is available

Thanks

Isn't that a downstairs roomette? I personally prefer downstairs rooms, but I know many who don't. It's to each their own when it comes to rooms.

Last edited by a moderator:
#12 is downstairs. Assuming you are originating in CHI, I prefer the downstairs roomettes the first night because the rails in Kansas are not the best. You will 'feel' the rough rails much less the closer you are to them.

If you do call in to try and change, be sure the Agent understands you want to MODIFY your Res; other he or she may try to cancel it and start over. In that case you could get blanked out of Roomettes entirely.

Just to balance the replies:

Lower Level - possibility of people staring into your room at station stops (as it is near "standing" level)

Upper Level - all access to other cars (Dining Car, SSL) is via the upper level only

The only problem I had with a lower level roomette was one time, several restless kids in the family room...in and out all night long. Was tempted to "accidentally" stick my foot out the door! :angry2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back