Select & Select Plus packets for 2011-2012

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still haven't received my Select+ packet either, although I am also all the way out on the West Coast. Still... I am a little disappointed that the packets are not sent with enough lead time to make sure members have them at the beginning of the rewards year. Even more disappointed because I was hoping to receive the upgrade coupons and new membership card in time for a planned trip to the Northeast next week :(

I just used 10,000 points yesterday for some upgrade coupons, because I am not sure that my packet will arrive in time for my 3/11 train ride that I want to upgrade on. I will say that it is very poor form for members to not have the coupons in hand on March 1st.

I just used 10,000 points yesterday for some upgrade coupons, because I am not sure that my packet will arrive in time for my 3/11 train ride that I want to upgrade on.
I don't know of the upgrade coupons will arrive within the next 9 days either!
blink.gif

Then I will be VERY annoyed. When I spoke to AGR on Monday, they said that the coupons arrive in 4-5 business days.

I just talked to an AGR representative and was informed that my Select Plus membership package did not mail out until TODAY! This is after speaking to a representative on Monday who told me that my package mailed out last week. So far, I am very unimpressed with the new AGR vendor. Does anyone know who to call at Amtrak to inform them problems with their new rewards vendor?

Alan,

Are you sure that Amtrak brought it back in house. The AGR rep that I spoke to today explained that delays may have been caused by a new organization taking over the AGR program within the past couple of months. Maybe she meant Amtrak when she said that? I assumed she meant that they found a new outside vendor to run the program.

However, I will heed your advice and send a letter to the Amtrak President about the problems I've encountered. Why not try going straight to the top, eh?

Thanks!

Igoshen,

I'm quite positive about that. AGR prior to last October, was always farmed out from its inception to Carlson a private contractor. It was never, ever in house before this point. But it is now in house. How the rep you spoke with doesn't know who is signing their paycheck is beyond me.

Now if there was just a Club Acela within a thousand miles.
While not exactly around the corner, there is one within 1,000 miles of Dos Palos, sort of. Portland, Oregon is about 650 miles away and they do have a Metropolitan Lounge, the close cousin of a Club Acela. :lol: And you are entitled to use that lounge anytime you're there with your Select Plus card. :)

And now with the ownership change at LA's Union Station, maybe we'll finally get a Metro Lounge there too. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
See, I needed the upgrade coupons so I can get 750 points each way so I can make it to select plus this year! :)

Back