Service Disruption on TE

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamar

Train Attendant
What's the deal with the TE today? It's not running from San Antonio at all.

If you Notice yesterdays #21 (05) made it to Little Rock (LRK) 4 Hours Down! I'm not sure of the Reason??? but usually when This Train gets Late they turn it in Fort Worth (FTW) and Bustitute :rolleyes: Pax from San Antonio (SAS) and Points North to FTW! Yesterdays #21 left Chicago (CHI) over 3 Hours Down so not sure what's Happening??? #22 Cant run out of SAS when #21 doesnt get there!! :help:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you Notice yesterdays #21 (05) made it to Little Rock (LRK) 4 Hours Down! I'm not sure of the Reason??? but usually when This Train gets Late they turn it in Fort Worth (FTW) and Bustitute :rolleyes: Pax from San Antonio (SAS) and Points North to FTW! Yesterdays #21 left Chicago (CHI) over 3 Hours Down so not sure what's Happening??? #22 Cant run out of SAS when #21 doesnt get there!! :help:
According to Status Maps #21 (5) never made it to LRK. The last update is WNR, 3h 59 min late.

It seems it would be easier to just have a single thread listing one or two Western LD trains that are running on time rather than several threads of trains that are running slow or stuck or suspended. There is at least one Western LD train that is still running on time right? :lol:

The Sunset, almost, and the two halves of the EB, three CSs, and two SWCs are the only LD trains west of Chicago that are running anything near on time.
help.gif

Yuck! I think I'll just stay home :ph34r: :angry:

The risk of bustitution or worse on any trip in the west in the next month doesn't look to be worth the fun of riding.

I'm not sure I even want to risk going up to Austin for a day 'cause my chances of getting back to SA before midnight are mighty iffy.

Oh, woe is me....and I had big plans for my birthday. Oh well, there's still October IF we can get thereby train :help: :help: :help:
Hopefully the EB is running for the 5th gathering. Maybe it´s time to have a backup city just in case at this rate.

Well there is always the Houston-Lafayette Friday turn on the Sunset. :D
Just a reminder that I live not far from Lafayette and if you need a tour guide while visiting the Hub City, let me know! I'm cheap, too!

UP derailed 24 cars just north of Mineola on a single track line. Amtrak is busstituting between Longview and Fort Worth as a result.
Local Mineola radio station report
KMOO? Well now I've seen everything. :cool:

Well there is always the Houston-Lafayette Friday turn on the Sunset.
Just a reminder that I live not far from Lafayette and if you need a tour guide while visiting the Hub City, let me know! I'm cheap, too!
So what sort of things does Lafayette offer the train traveler anyway? From here it's a Thursday+Friday+Saturday with a midnight departure and three AM arrival. :angry:

Does anyone know if they are indeed using buses between Longview and Fort Worth? Anybody know how long the disruption will last? The short article from the Mineola radio station said they hoped to have the track cleaned up by next week.

Does anyone know if they are indeed using buses between Longview and Fort Worth? Anybody know how long the disruption will last? The short article from the Mineola radio station said they hoped to have the track cleaned up by next week.

I would like to know this information, too. We leave tomorrow on the TE from Fort Worth To LA. This will be our first journey by train and had hoped for an uneventful experience. Now I'm reading about buses and derailments. This is very discouraging. The Amtrak website has no information concerning the derailment and the impact to the schedule.

Thanks,

Dave

I agree that they need to put more information about service disruptions on the website. It seems like it would save them time and money instead of having everyone along the whole route calling in to find out information.

]I would like to know this information, too. We leave tomorrow on the TE from Fort Worth To LA.
No problem (for this derailment). It's east of FTW. You're route goes south and west.

[/size]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back