What does your Forum User Name mean?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(That reminds me.. it time to bake NP fruitcake for the holiday season!)

David

Seattle
Aloha And Welcome

Many of AU's Fruitcakes and Nuts just visited and enjoyed your city.
Thank you for the warm welcome. I understand you folks just were here. I joined tight after, so I missed it. Sure hope you had a good time in the NW.

My name is a combination of the shortcut for my city of residence, 'moval' (Moreno Valley), my nickname, 'mike', and the number '1', for no particular reason.

Welcome Thunder Road!
hi.gif

But the best thunder I like to hear is a train "thundering" down the high iron - hopefully with me on it!
laugh.gif

For the Bruce Springsteen song, but also a double meaning because I'm a meteorology major.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMB3M43AEpc
Nice user name! I'm a meteorology graduate but work mostly with computers now.

My user name is obvious - yes I like Acela, even though it has engineering deficiencies, is heavy, is encumbered by curves, etc. :rolleyes: But I still like it despite the shortcomings. I'll never refuse a trip on a Regional, either.

Nice user name! I'm a meteorology graduate but work mostly with computers now.

My user name is obvious - yes I like Acela, even though it has engineering deficiencies, is heavy, is encumbered by curves, etc. :rolleyes: But I still like it despite the shortcomings. I'll never refuse a trip on a Regional, either.
I hear that so often. Just curious, where did you go? We have a program that prides itself on getting its grads met jobs or into grad school for met, but it's tough out there.

It's one of my names. Not saying which. Could be first, second first, middle, last, or second last. Yes, I have a long-*** name. ;)

I chose "Oregon Pioneer" because I live in eastern Oregon, and that was our train here, and I sure wish they would bring it back (it's now 3-5 hours north, west, or south to the EB, CS, or CZ)... and also because I live off-grid with solar, won the "Solar Pioneer" award from the Oregon Dept of Energy, and have been called "Pioneer" for various reasons during my life.

I chose "Oregon Pioneer" because I live in eastern Oregon, and that was our train here, and I sure wish they would bring it back (it's now 3-5 hours north, west, or south to the EB, CS, or CZ)... and also because I live off-grid with solar, won the "Solar Pioneer" award from the Oregon Dept of Energy, and have been called "Pioneer" for various reasons during my life.
Welcome and congratulations for being a "pioneer."

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice; I looked fast and thought you were Metta World Peace, the NBA player formerly known as Ron Artest. Welcome aboard. What are the boundaries of that territory?

Nice; I looked fast and thought you were Metta World Peace, the NBA player formerly known as Ron Artest. Welcome aboard. What are the boundaries of that territory?
Haha. The Metra UP West line runs from Elburn, IL, to the Ogilvie Transportation Center in Chicago. The section of freight line I work runs from Chicago to Clinton, Iowa (Overland Route/ex-CNW main line).

Last edited by a moderator:
My name wasn't supposed to mean anything. It's just as generic as it gets and it was the first thing that wasn't taken. I just learned from a post elsewhere in these forums that TexRail is the name of a proposed commuter train in Fort Worth, TX. I hope the city didn't pay a firm a lot of money to come up with that name. I would've probably done it cheaper.

My name wasn't supposed to mean anything. It's just as generic as it gets and it was the first thing that wasn't taken. I just learned from a post elsewhere in these forums that TexRail is the name of a proposed commuter train in Fort Worth, TX. I hope the city didn't pay a firm a lot of money to come up with that name. I would've probably done it cheaper.
Is it reasonable to assume that you are from Texas?

We have several AU members from Texas.

fat works two ways, Fresno air terminal(used to work their)or the extra pounds around my middle

koala, I like koalas

Is it reasonable to assume that you are from Texas?

We have several AU members from Texas.
I am from the DFW area so it is funny that a railfan like me didn't know about TexRail. I have heard about the plans for years but around here, we usually just get plans and no action.

Back