What's it like on a Viewliner?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
post-260-0-24540900-1463150227.jpg

So, I gotta ask... what's the train with the leis? I do not believe Amtrak runs any trains to Hawaii...
LakeShore Limited in April. Each roomette had a name tag which is something I wish other SCAs would do.
If I walked into my sleeping car and saw any of the above, someone would have just earned themselves a _hefty_ extra tip.

Ainam "not that I could afford it" Kartma

If traveling by myself on a VL, having the toilet in the room is fine, but when traveling with a daughter or granddaughter, then it is a real issue both day and especially at night.
I was wondering about this very point - I am taking my family on a trip on the Cardinal later this summer and switched to bedrooms due to presence of the toilet inside the roomette. Its fine for one person but probably a bit awkward with more than one person!
I agree! Getting out of the top bunk to go potty? And..... going Number 1 is okay, but Number 2? Hmmmm.

I changed my trip! The reason for this trip was just to take the train for fun. So... I am taking the Southwest Chief out of Chicago. I'll stop in Kansas City to visit friends, then go to Albuquerque to visit a cousin.

I know, I know, I chickened out on the train going east. I just love the big windows in the lounge car!

Last edited by a moderator:
I changed my trip! The reason for this trip was just to take the train for fun. So... I am taking the Southwest Chief out of Chicago. I'll stop in Kansas City to visit friends, then go to Albuquerque to visit a cousin.

I know, I know, I chickened out on the train going east. I just love the big windows in the lounge car!
Fraidy Cat. ;)

Fraidy Cat. ;)

Yup. Fraidy cat. I'm looking forward to my trip though! Leaving May 27th.

Fraidy Cat. ;)

It's okay--having grown up on the east coast, I'm a Fraidy Cat about going any further west than the wilds of western Pennsylvania! It's all what you're accustomed to! Write us a trip report if you get a chance, and have a great trip! :)

Fraidy Cat. ;)

It's okay--having grown up on the east coast, I'm a Fraidy Cat about going any further west than the wilds of western Pennsylvania! It's all what you're accustomed to! Write us a trip report if you get a chance, and have a great trip! :)
Abso-tootly, I will write you a review! I have to say though, two of my favorite trips are out west! The Zephyr after Denver, watching the river rafters wave up to us on the train. And the Coast Starlight for that little piece of California heaven. The staff on the Coast Starlight is the only route I've found the staff to be a bit snippy snooty. But if you sit in the wine and cheese car you can have enough wine that it doesn't matter :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back