Woman Fatally Killed By Amtrak Train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PetalumaLoco

Conductor
"Woman Fatally Killed By Amtrak Train"

I kid you not, that's the headline they used. I wonder how many people have been just "killed", as opposed to "fatally killed"?

link

At least it didn't have the headline:

Woman killed by Amtrak train after she ran down 3 streets with the train chasing her!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

News Flash

A Somewhereville woman was fatally killed by an Amtrak train. The Amtrak train, which was supposed to be heading to Florida, seemed to suddenly bare its teeth, jump the rails, and came barrelling at the poor woman, according to one witness. "It was evil, demonic. It was as if it was possessed by the devil," they said, "I always told them one of these days a train would become possessed, and now it has."

According to a witness, the hapless woman was chased down three blocks before the train caught up with her, reared into the air, and hammered her into the ground like a cheap penny nail, pounding the ground several times.

Father Casey Jones, who exorcised the possessed train, could not be reached for comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
In addition to being one of the most poorly written articles I have ever read, including gems like this,

"An autopsy Monday found Galecke died of multiple injuries from a train striking a pedestrian..."
It appears right next to an Amtrak ad in my browser.

My favorite inscrutable line: "struck by a train at 3729 N. Kilbourn Ave." How did they know the address? Did she fall in to that house's back yard?

My favorite inscrutable line: "struck by a train at 3729 N. Kilbourn Ave." How did they know the address? Did she fall in to that house's back yard?
Actually, that's the address of the Grayland Metra station. Evidently, the incident occurred right at the Metra station.

When I first saw the title for this thread, I burst into laughter, then as I read the rest of the responses I laughed so hard the tears have been rolling down my cheek.

Now you've all gone and done it, you've given me a good start to my day...and I was so ready to have a bad day! :giggle:

I'm still waiting to see if the conductor was driving.
And why didn't he steer the train to avoid the woman?
The conductor was too busy looking after his or her passengers and left the cab unattended causing the train to veer off course striking the woman.
The conductor was explaining the sleeper upgrade policies to a passenger, and wanted to make sure Amtrak got the add'l revenue. He should have told the engineer to swerve the Demon Train, to avoid the woman.

To me the real story isn't about sarcastically laughing at and joking over the death of a fellow human but rather acknowledging the horrible state of our country's news gathering organizations. There is nothing worthwhile explained in that article and a look at several other articles on that site shows a widespread disregard for journalistic integrity. We traded newspapers for television news, and we continue to suffer for it with tiny articles full of nonsense and gibberish.

The conductor was explaining the sleeper upgrade policies to a passenger, and wanted to make sure Amtrak got the add'l revenue. He should have told the engineer to swerve the Demon Train, to avoid the woman.
This just in the woman was violating the "DO NOT FEED THE TRAINS" sign and got too close and was mauled by the hungry train.

I am sure the train was "overspeeding" as well, as in "Overspeeding out of control" when it "fatally killed" the person. Oh, and dontcha know the "train was held 5 hours pending completion of an investigation by local law enforcement agencies before being allowed to proceed to Anaheim."

What are we going to do once Mel Gibson settles up with his ex. True, or media is in crisis, but its true that "people really wanna know," and don't really care if what they hear is correct or not.

Another thing....

The news item described how the ''fatally killed'' pedestrian was TRESPASSING ON A RAILWAY BRIDGE before the station.....

subject matter closed !! I rest my case !

Funny that th bridge has a civic address somewhere on Kilburn avenue, though...

Cheers

Claude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back