Bus from Amtrak in Seattle to Vancouver B.C.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Everydaymatters

Engineer
Some of this may have been asked before, but I can't find it when I do a search.

I'm thinking of taking a cruise from Vancouver B.C. Amtrak busses passengers from Seattle to Vancouver. Does the bus stop at the cruise terminals?

Also, why do they bus passengers when it seems there is a train that goes from Seattle to Vancouver?

Thanks.

Betty

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, there is a train - but only 1 train. And that 1 train departs SEA-VAC early morning - without any possibility of connections. Likewise, the return VAC-SEA train arrives late evening - without any possibility of connections. So buses are used for the connecting pax.

Some of this may have been asked before, but I can't find it when I do a search.
I'm thinking of taking a cruise from Vancouver B.C. Amtrak busses passengers from Seattle to Vancouver. Does the bus stop at the cruise terminals?

Also, why do they bus passengers when it seems there is a train that goes from Seattle to Vancouver?

Thanks.

Betty
Betty - the bus service only goes to Pacific Central station in Vancouver which is east of the Gas Town district. It is about 15-20 blocks from Canada Place where the cruise ships dock. A cab shouldn't be too expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Betty - the bus service only goes to Pacific Central station in Vancouver which is east of the Gas Town district. It is about 15-20 blocks from Canada Place where the cruise ships dock. A cab shouldn't be too expensive.
If you don’t have too much luggage the easiest way is to take the Sky Train. “Main St. - Science World Station” is across the street from Pacific Central Station (Amtrak, VIA & Intercity Buses) Go to “Waterfront Station” (6 minutes) and the Cruise Ship Terminal is adjacent in Canada Place.

http://www.translink.bc.ca/Transportation_...ain/default.asp

(Roll your curser over the map - Main St. - Science World Station is the fourth station back from Waterfront)

If you have time, go for a ride on Sky Train to the end of the line. Most of the route is on elevated guideways and provides spectacular views of the mountains on the north shore.

Last edited:
Please tell me where bus passenger pickup is on bus from vancouver to seattle, and back what is the street address Maggie

If you are on the Amtrak Cascades Thruway bus, it is in front of Pacific Central Station (at Main Street and Terminal Avenue) in Vancouver. Note that the Amtrak Thruway buses pick up and drop off on the driveway in front of the station, not in the bus terminal area where Greyhound and the other bus carriers are. There is a sign posted indicating the Thruway bus stop.

In Seattle, the bus loads and unloads in front of King Street Station.

Just spend the night in seattle then hop on the 7:40 cascades the next morning. Thats what ill be doing in just a few days
cool.gif

Thanks.

Betty
Hi,

You might be mixing two different types of bus services here....

1/ There is an outfit called Quick Coach Lines that has bus service directly to/from the pier in Vancouver, right inside the facilities, connecting SeaTac ( and some runs with points in between ,such as Bellingham Airport and Seattle downtown.

2/Amtrak has TWO train in each direction between Seattle & Vancouver; early a.m and dinner time departure in both directions. On cruise ship days, the a.m. train from Seattle fills up 100% and early...likewise its evenig departure back to Seattle.

The Amtrak route to/from Vancouer is very scenic. Transferring from the Amtrak station in Vancouver ( Pacific Central) to the pier ( or V.V.) is easy: within 2-3 minutes walk from the Station, take the Skytrain to Waterfront Station...and you're 2 minutes away from the pier.If you prefer a cab: $~~ 12.00 ought to do it.

Cheers

The OP was made in 2007. Since then, the second Amtrak service has been added. I don't know what changes have been made in bus schedules over that time, but there have undoubtedly been some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back