Roomette security

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Americans tend to put ketchup on their fries, not vinegar, so you won't find vinegar at McDonald's and other fast food places.
You don't find vinegar at McDonald's here in RI, but many do use vinegar on their fries! (Not me.) Many restaurants even have bottles of vinegar along with the bottles of ketchup. As you know, Rhode Island is part of New England.

Americans tend to put ketchup on their fries, not vinegar, so you won't find vinegar at McDonald's and other fast food places.
You don't find vinegar at McDonald's here in RI, but many do use vinegar on their fries! (Not me.) Many restaurants even have bottles of vinegar along with the bottles of ketchup. As you know, Rhode Island is part of New England.
Yes Dave, but the British do not eat fries, they eat chips!! The Dutch eat frites and the French have pommes de terre.

I prefer Malt vinegar on my chips and mayo on my firtes!!

Agreed. I often see it at restaurants like steakhouses and such but not at fast food places. Someone told me that McD's in England and other European countries have vinegar, which I think is pretty neat. I love learning about differences.

Agreed. I often see it at restaurants like steakhouses and such but not at fast food places. Someone told me that McD's in England and other European countries have vinegar, which I think is pretty neat. I love learning about differences.
I've seen it at Wendy's around here (not sure if you have those out there).

Ryan, we have Wendy's here, but I very rarely eat there and can't remember the last time I went inside. If I do stop, it's only to get a Frosty. :wub:

Yes Dave, but the British do not eat fries, they eat chips!! The Dutch eat frites and the French have pommes de terre.

In Amsterdam I learned to eat Frites with Mayo and it is really good; it's a habit I keep up with this very day, unless there is a bottle of good Salsa or Hot Sauce handy.

I remember years ago working at Six Flags in Houston at a barbque restaurant and a tourist from France asked for mustard for her fries. I tried it on my break and it wasnt too bad. Vinegar makes them too soggy.

Mustard might be okay, but I'm not sure if I'd like mayo. I like it on sandwiches and burgers, but steak fries? Maybe I'll try that next time I order them.

Sorry to cross not just threads, but entire subject matter areas here at AU, but this thread has been Shanghaied! :giggle:
Oooh - very well said. :unsure:

Thanks -- and aside - Never in japan did anyone offer me wasabe with my hamburger. Nor vinegar neither.

E
Have you ever eaten at Mos Burger? I think they have Wasabi Burgers... Rats... Looks like they only used to have a Chicken and Avacado dinner with wasabi mayo...

In Japan, French Fries are called "Flied Potato".

Last edited by a moderator:
Mustard might be okay, but I'm not sure if I'd like mayo. I like it on sandwiches and burgers, but steak fries? Maybe I'll try that next time I order them.
Try the Seattle version of mayo on fries... Tartar Sauce. YUMMMMMM

With MY fries:

Malt vinegar is my first choice - the fries need to be extra crispy for this.

Ketchup - specifically Heinz - is my second, then mayo...

But they are all good.

Add a little hot sauce to the Heinz to give it a little kick.

Anyone ever dip their fries in a chocolate shake? I have friends who do that. I tried it once, and it was okay. It's best with Frosties.

This poor thread has wandered way off course. Sorry, OP. :)

I like to dip my FF's in apple sauce.

My daughter likes ketchup on her mashed potatoes.

I remember years ago working at Six Flags in Houston at a barbque restaurant and a tourist from France asked for mustard for her fries. I tried it on my break and it wasnt too bad. Vinegar makes them too soggy.
Then, that's that! I'm switching from catsup to mustard on my French Fries. If anybody should know what goes on a French Fry, it would be a Frenchman (or woman). :giggle:

Traveling in an Amtrak sleeper car can be best described as being in a "closed environment", and its not a busy place. Theft is possible but happens very rarely. The sleeping car attendent is usually close by and as suggested if you close the door to the sleeper and shut the curtains everything should be there when you return. The risk of theft is very minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back