Pet Hamster?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a loose "pet" on the Cardinal in October. Don't know if it's owner got booted off the train or not. :D

attachicon.gif
1016131429_forAUposting.jpg
I can't figure out what this creature is - a bug?
Yep. Not sure what kind. Maybe a ladybug.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not plan on doing this again. I only did this because my car is out of commission until May. I hope no student attempts to do what I did until (H)amtrak changes their pet policies. I have been having a very lucky day today, I even won a few bucks on a scratch off ticket. Thank you for your kindnesses and advice. To those who were rude; that's okay. Not everyone needs to agree with what I did. <3

Would the Hamster care for a little shrubery?

I just want to say,

I had a beer in coach once. I bought it in a store before boarding.

There. I said it. It's been plaguing me for nearly 10 years.

Dorm life in college has changed since the dark ages of the 1970s. The only other life form allowed in our dorm rooms were our roommates........well, those individuals and the occasional annoying early fall, latr spring, and all summer long flying insects that would manage to get past the window screens.
Well at my alma mater we had a resident rabbit and a boa constrictor on my floor. Was very interesting watching that snake climb onto my desk. Creeepy!! :p

Venture Forth, If the conductors would have called your beer adorable you might have had two and then what?

I do not plan on doing this again. I only did this because my car is out of commission until May. I hope no student attempts to do what I did until (H)amtrak changes their pet policies. I have been having a very lucky day today, I even won a few bucks on a scratch off ticket. Thank you for your kindnesses and advice. To those who were rude; that's okay. Not everyone needs to agree with what I did. <3
To paraphrase The Bard: All's Well That Ends Well... and maybe it was karma that you got a gentle hearted conductor :) (something about what goes around, comes around??) ... Now, time for the books. My best to you and your studies.

Now, time for the books. My best to you and your studies.
Pfft. It's Saturday. ;)
May depend on her topic/course of study... currently have two daughters in med school(s), and as far as I can tell they haven't seen a weekend in three and five years, respectively. :-( But since "mean old" dad's footing the bill... as I tell them: they'll have plenty of weekends after they get their shingles hung out.

Settle down, dad. I was joking. ;) I'm currently avoiding my homework, but I'm not a med student. ^_^

I just want to say,

Welcome to Amtrak Confessions :giggle:

Hamster has to come to the next gathering....as a guest speaker.
Sure. I have enjoyed the saga of this hamster. Glad it all worked out so well for the college student. I think I would have kept it in something so that the train crew would not have known what I had.

Edited to correct spelling of saga.

I just want to say,

HA! Another "Blasphemer is caught in the web" Add "VentureForth" to Amtrak's "No-Ride" list......................

I continue to be be aggravated by the self-appointed rules enforcers. Relax folks. OK, I will admit to a no-harm no-foul viewpoint concerning rules. These various rules were not handed to Moses on the Mount. They were dreamed up by people, many times simply imposing their own personal views or negative experiences on others.

This does not apply to reasonable rational safety rules. It has been said quite correctly that for the most part, "Safety rules are written in blood." However, even here some judgment must be applied as you will at times find safety rules that conflict with each other or are inappropriate to the situation.

I continue to be be aggravated by the self-appointed rules enforcers. Relax folks. OK, I will admit to a no-harm no-foul viewpoint concerning rules.
And therein lies the problem. If I'm allergic to something (say hamsters), and there are rules prohibiting them on the train, I expect an environment where I don't have to worry about my allergies getting set off. Introducing something to the environment that'll make me sick without my knowledge isn't "no-harm no-foul".

Nobody here "enforced" anything.

She asked what the rules were, and we told her.

Some of us (myself included) also told her WHY such rules might be in place.

The only people who can enforce anything are on the train.

I agree that this site ought to be a useful place to find Amtrak-related advice. But nobody ever said you'd like all the advice you get.

I finally "bit" (pun intended) after looking at the title for days. So I read the thread from beginning to end. LMAO. Really, I can't remember the last time I laughed so much. Thanks all for the great entertainment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back